My Martini

This is my Martini. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My Martini
  • 2 oz Beefeater gin
  • 1/4-1/3 ounce Noilly Prat Extra Dry Vermouth (see Martini Confidential below)
  • 1 dash orange bitters (optional depending on how I feel)
  • 1 lemon peel
  1. Add gin, vermouth, and bitters if using to a mixing glass containing ice. 
  2. Stir until the mixture is thoroughly chilled. Shake if you are in a hurry. The only downside is it will have air bubbles in it for a while. This makes the drink a bit gray. 
  3. Strain into a  cocktail glass. I prefer smallish glasses holding a scant 3 to 4 ounces. Compared to their 5 and up ounce counterparts, these look downright puny. 
  4. Peel a lemon twist over the glass. Express oil from peel into glass and rub peel round the rim. 
  5. Twist the peel around a bar spoon and hang on the edge of the glass. 
  6. Enjoy in moderation.





No comments:

Post a Comment